Hold a Food Drive
DONATE FOOD. GET YOUR FRIENDS TO JOIN THE FUN.
You know that feeling you get when you donate food to the Ottawa Food Bank? Why not share that feeling with your colleagues or friends by holding a food drive.There are many of ways to do it - consider holding a food drive at the office, a BBQ or sports tournament. Not only will you be making a difference, but you’ll be having a lot of fun while you do it.
Food and fund drives, provide the Ottawa Food Bank with the necessary resources to sustain our programs and ensure that a supply of emergency food is available to those who may need it.
Please follow these simple steps below to help you run a successful drive or event!
STEP 1- Register your food drive / event
- Fill out the registration form at the bottom of the page
STEP 2- Publicize your food drive / event
- Send out email blasts to your colleagues, friends and family about when, how and what they should donate
- If you’re doing a Fund Drive, include donation cards with pay stubs or employee newsletters (if taking place at work)
- Post information about the drive on your intranet (if available)
- Publish your drive in your internal newsletter (if available)
- Put up posters in highly visible areas. Create your own, or print off some of ours!
- Need help with your poster? Print off our customizable poster, and just fill in the blank with your event information.
STEP 3 – Hold your food drive / event
The Ottawa Food Bank accepts donations of non-perishable food items; to transport these items we encourage the use of your own boxes (bulk paper boxes work very well!), but the Ottawa Food Bank can also supply you with boxes if need be. For donation ideas, please see our most needed items list.
Your effort and creativity is appreciated by us and we encourage you to send us your poster, other collateral and pictures of your event! We would love to showcase them on our website, in our warehouse etc.
STEP 4: Get donations to the Ottawa Food Bank
Once your drive is over, we encourage you to drop off your donations to our warehouse at 1317B Michael Street, (Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.) or alternatively, your donations can be dropped off to a red collection cage at your local grocery store. This helps us maximize our resources.
If you are unable to drop off your food donation to our warehouse, you may request a pick up date on your online registration form. We will try our best to accommodate your chosen date (financial donations can be included with your food donations).
If your funds are not included with your food donations, financial contributions can be mailed to:
Ottawa Food Bank
Attn: Maggie Rose
1317B Michael Street
Ottawa, ON K1B 3M9
Or you may come in and drop your financial donations off in person (Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.), we’d love a visit!