Upcoming Information Sessions
- Friday, November 22 @ 10:30 a.m.
- Friday, December 6 @ 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, January 8 @ 6 p.m.
- Friday, January 24 @ 10:30 a.m.
Click the date that works for you for more details then email Jo-Anne to RSVP!
VOLUNTEERS ARE OUR BIGGEST RESOURCE.
Giving money and food aren’t the only ways to donate to the Ottawa Food Bank. In fact, our biggest donors are the people who donate their time—our volunteers. Without them we wouldn’t be able to sort food, run events, harvest our own crops, or glean crops from local farmers. But as much as volunteers help us reach our goals, the experience of volunteering can also be life-changing for the volunteers themselves. The feeling of being an integral part of getting food to hungry people in your community is unmatched.
There are lots of ways that you can volunteer with us. From sorting food, to harvesting crops, to getting your whole office involved, no matter what you do you’re helping us get food to the people who need it.
Facts about our volunteers
- Volunteers donated 21,030.5 hours of their time in 2011-2012.
- Volunteers completed work equivalent to that of 12 full-time employees in 2011-2012.